Tuesday, March 10, 2020

“MUCH WORSE PUNISHMENT!”

Hebrews 10:26-31                                 (ESV)
“26 For if we go on sinning deliberately AFTER RECEIVING THE  KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.
29 HOW “MUCH WORSE PUNISHMENT”, do you think, WILL BE DESERVED by the one who has trampled underfoot the SON of GOD, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which HE was sanctified, and has outraged the SPIRIT of grace?
30 For we know him who said, "Vengeance is mine; I will repay." And again, "The LORD will judge HIS people."
31 IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD.”



This morning I was REMINDED how easy it is to become BLINDED in our haste to make another day, another dollar, another appointment, another sales goal.....anything that we put before ALMIGHTY GOD’s PLAN for our lives MAY be causing me to lose sight of the ETERNAL BEING that JESUS came to rescue from an everlasting hell?  The thing that caused me to REMEMBER from where I have come was a photograph of a law enforcement officer apparently giving a citation to a vehicle parked in a reserved parking spot for Handicapped drivers.  Sharing that photo reminded me of where I USED TO BE following the Brain Hemorrhage.  

Being what most consider to be “physically healed” from the Brain Hemorrhage, my word selection is certainly the most affected by the hemorrhagic stroke that so nearly took my life in 2007.  AFTER RECEIVING THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH that 80% of Brain Hemorrhage victims did not survive sometimes escapes me can be easily forgotten.  “The enemy” would love for GOD’s WORK in my life to be minimized, or weakened by my silence.  So I choose to SOUND the alarm to acknowledge that I am SPECIAL, that GOD CHOSE me to perform HIS WORK IN, for ALL the world to SEE, if they choose to slow down long enough to SEE what HE has done!

We ALL have a MIRACULOUS RECOVERY to write about though!  Everyone who has been BOUGHT with the blood of JESUS has been CHOSEN by GOD according to the entire book of Hebrews.  Why don’t we who DESERVE a “MUCH WORSE PUNISHMENT” share with this world about what HE has done for us?  Now do you understand why I cannot help but speak of what HE has done (Acts 4:20) for me?  I deserve a “MUCH WORSE PUNISHMENT”, but JESUS rescued me!!!  I cannot help but tell others about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment