Monday, January 11, 2021

“BE GRACIOUS TO ME, O LORD!”

 Psalm 86:1-5                         (ESV)

“1 Incline YOUR ear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. 

2 Preserve my life, for I am godly; save your servant, who trusts in YOU-YOU are my GOD. 

3 “BE GRACIOUS TO ME, O LORD”, for to YOU do I cry all the day. 

4 Gladden the soul of YOIR servant, for to YOU, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. 

5 For YOU, O LORD, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon YOU.”




It can be comforting to know that even King David, a man after GOD’S OWN heart (1 Samuel 13:14), cried out to THE LORD, not once, but many times, “BE GRACIOUS TO ME, O LORD”!  When I look back on the many times I have needed THE LORD to supernaturally intervene in my life, HE almost always has to HUMBLE my spirit, therefore HIS is elevated!  


When GOD humbles someone (or a group of someone’s), most of the time HE doesn’t do it in a punishing manner, but rather a loving way to display that HE IS ABLE, but HE WILL NOT SHARE HIS GLORY WITH ANOTHER (Isaiah 42:8)!  Exodus 14:14 states “The LORD will fight for you, and YOUR HAVE ONLY TO BE SILENT."  


When things are TOO BIG, TOO DIFFICULT, and TOO COMPLEX for our abilities, GOD may be humbling us and longing to HEAR “BE GRACIOUS TO ME, O LORD” before HE DELIVERS US???

No comments:

Post a Comment