Thursday, January 7, 2021

“THE WILL OF THE PILOT!”

 James 3:1-4 

“1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

2 For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.

3 If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well.

4 Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever “THE WILL OF THE PILOT” directs.”





From time to time a passage of Scripture is in my mind and I research and study for a period of time to SEE what I am needing to HEAR.  Similarly, I recently I had the words “rudderless ship” that kept reverberating in my mind, so I decided to discover what was in the BIBLE about them.  The verses above were given to me and I have been mulling over them for a few days.  


I am uniquely Created by GOD, and most are thankful that they are not exactly like me!  But some characteristics that I have are just because I am human. Desiring to know what I am going to be doing and how I will be accomplishing it is one of the things that I try to do, at least some of the time.  You might think that is prudent, and Scripture does say to  sit down and count the costs (Luke 14:28), but Hebrews 11:6 says “...WITHOUT FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please HIM, for whoever would draw near to GOD must believe that HE exists and that HE REWARDS THOSE WHO SEEK HIM.” 


Holding on to the rudder too tightly is something that I have been known to do in my life.  Sure, I have done a lot of things “on the spur of the moment”, but usually it was things that I wanted to do.  One of the biggest BLESSINGS that I have had the privilege of experiencing was the Brain Hemorrhage in 2007.  The entire ordeal has taught me that I AM NOT IN CONTROL!  For the almost three weeks I was sedated, I was totally dependent on machines and medical staffing to keep me alive.  The lessons learned from that experience are invaluable to me.  GOD didn’t require my assistance TO EVEN BREATHE, and the HEALING was “a miracle from GOD” according to one doctor.  


As I reminisce about the past 13+ years, my eyes begin leaking from humility as I observe that HIS PLAN is FAR better than anything I can imagine (1 Corinthians 2:9)!  My EYES were OPENED during a book study (JESUS Continued) at church a few years ago.  Page 171 of the book says “GOD, however, never invited me to be a co-GOD with HIM.  This means the some reasons for what HE does in my life may well remain a mystery to me for all of my days!”  The most troubling storms in my life have been when I was trying to DIRECT MY PATH, or guide my ship!  Trusting ALMIGHTY GOD to pilot my ship is far better than my choices.  PEACE comes when “THE WILL OF THE PILOT” directs your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment