Monday, March 29, 2021

“I APPEAL TO YOU, BROTHERS!”

 Romans 15:30-33                                (ESV)

“[30] “I APPEAL TO YOU, BROTHERS”, by our LORD JESUS CHRIST and by the love of the SPIRIT, to strive together with me in your prayers to GOD on my behalf, [31] that I may be delivered from the unbelievers in Judea, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints, [32] so that by GOD’s will I may come to you with joy and be refreshed in your company. [33] May the GOD of peace be with you all. Amen.”




When we SEE others physically hurting, usually we pray for and assist them.  But are we able to SEE when someone has a SPIRITUAL ailment and respond with prayers and assistance? The Apostle Paul is thought of as a monument figure in the New Testament, but he requested to the church in Rome “I APPEAL TO YOU, BROTHERS” that you strive together with me in your prayers to GOD on my behalf!  He recognized that he needed JESUS because he wasn’t capable of being effective without HIM!  


We tend to be of the belief that we are able to do whatever we are inclined to do “for JESUS” on our own, within ourselves.  But Scripture plainly states in Philippians 2:13 “for it is GOD WHO WORKS IN YOU, BOTH to WILL and to WORK for HIS good pleasure!”  We are simply tools for HIS PURPOSES, submitting to HIM DAILY to accomplish HIS PLAN!  


Just because we have a job earning a living doesn’t indicate that everything is going well in our walk with JESUS.  SPIRITUALLY we may be experiencing a Red Sea moment?  We need to be aware that just because others are seemingly on a FIRM foundation, they might be in the midst of a storm? It might be in GOD’S PLAN for me to endure PAIN and SUFFERING for a little while, but “I APPEAL TO YOU, BROTHERS” to pray for me that I will reflect CHRIST as I serve HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment