Thursday, November 3, 2022

“BACK TO EGYPT!”

 Numbers 14:1-4                                 (ESV)


The People Rebel


“[1] Then all the congregation raised a loud cry, and the people wept that night. [2] And all the people of Israel grumbled against Moses and Aaron. The whole congregation said to them, “Would that we had died in the land of Egypt! Or would that we had died in this wilderness! [3] Why is the LORD bringing us into this land, to fall by the sword? Our wives and our little ones will become a prey. Would it not be better for us to go back to Egypt?” [4] And they said to one another, “Let us choose a leader and go “BACK TO EGYPT”.””





In Wednesday evening Bible Study last evening at the fellowship I attend we were led to the verses above, including several other passages of Scripture.  My mind could NOT FATHOM a people who were as BLESSED as the Children of Israel, who had lived through so many MIRACLES on their behalf and who were given a PROMISE from ALMIGHTY GOD would want to DOUBT HIS WORD and run from the PROMISE HE was about to give them???


But what about me?  ALMIGHTY GOD delivered a product of a single parent household, married to a beautiful young woman nearing 40 years, and father of two healthy sons through a 17 day coma and a two year hiatus from work and I sometimes wonder if HE has CHOSEN me!  Ten years later HE orchestrated quadruple bypass surgery for me and I was back at work less than two weeks later!  


The Children of Israel were NOT the only ones to forget about their JOURNEY!  Even though I have been DELIVERED so meticulously through the “valley of the shadow of death” on more than one occasion, I STILL need to be reminded that HE HAS A PLAN for me and I DO NOT WANT TO GO “BACK TO EGYPT”!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment