Friday, December 2, 2022

“BE A SANCTUARY!”

 Exodus 25:8                               (ESV)


“And let them make ME a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst.”


2 Corinthians 6:16                     (ESV)


“What agreement has the temple of GOD with idols? For WE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD; as GOD said, 


    “I will make MY dwelling among them and walk among them,

        and I will be their GOD,

        and they shall be MY people.”




Last night as I prepared for sleep this chorus entered my mind and would not leave!


Verse 1
Lord prepare me to “BE A SANCTUARY”
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living
Sanctuary for You

Verse 2
Lord prepare me to be testimony
Sweet and simple, tried true
With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living
Testimony for You

Verse 3
Lord prepare me to be a sacrifice
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living
Sacrifice for You



How often do I “feel the need” to do something for my LORD, and HE simply wants me to “BE A SANCTUARY” to dwell within!  One dictionary defines SANCTUARY as “a consecrated or sacred place”.  We have forgiveness because of the SACRIFICE of JESUS, yet I sometimes want to be planning what “I can do” for JESUS rather than simply spending time fellowshipping with HIM!  


LORD prepare me to “BE A SANCTUARY” (a consecrated or sacred place” for YOU to dwell in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment