Thursday, December 1, 2022

“GODS GIFT TO MAN!”

Ecclesiastes 3:9-13                  (ESV)


“[9] What gain has the worker from his toil? [10] I have seen the business that GOD has given to the children of man to be busy with. [11] HE HAS MADE EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL IN ITS TIME. Also, HE has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what GOD has done from the beginning to the end. [12] I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; [13] also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is “GOD’S GIFT TO MAN”.





There is a BIBLE research website that I refer to frequently.  The number “17” has impacted my life greatly, so I decided to research what the BIBLE had to say about this number.  It begins with:::


“The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 17


The meaning of the number 17 In the Bible is that of "overcoming the enemy" and "complete victory." God overcame the sins of rebellious humans when he began to flood the earth through rain on the 17th of the second Hebrew month. Noah's ark and its eight passengers rested on the mountains of Ararat on the 17th of the seventh month (right in the middle of God's annual Holy period known as the Feast of Tabernacles).


Jesus Christ gained a complete victory over death and the grave when God resurrected him near sunset on Nisan 17 (Saturday, April 8, 30 A.D.).”


These might not make a tremendous impact on some, but my wife and I were married on February 17, 1984.  We had originally planned on February 10, but the 17th seemed to work out better for us so the date was changed.  


Then in 2007 my brain decided to spring a leak, something that was 80% fatal at the time!  I didn’t realize that I was in a coma for 17 days until years later when my schedule was slowed down enough to SEE this fact.  


But the thing that will not get out of my mind is that “Jesus Christ gained a complete victory over death and the grave when God resurrected him near sunset on Nisan 17 (Saturday, April 8, 30 A.D.).”   Saturday, April 8 of 2017 is when I had a heart attack, causing surgery to be performed on me to “bypass” the blockages.  


When GOD OPENED my EYES to SEE how HIS HAND was totally and completely over even the healthy of my body and its makeup, I was completely set aback!  The blood vessel that “hemorrhaged” in 2007 was SPECIFICALLY in a portion of my brain that controlled my WORD RECALL, my ability to choose words to literally make a sentence!  GOD kept me in a coma for 17 days until HE achieved “complete victory” over my “quick tongue” and my tendency to do whatever I wanted to do…..instead of WAITING ON THE LORD (Psalms 27:14)!!


There are many who are unable to SEE the TRUTHS of GOD because HE hasn’t OPENED their EYES yet?  The FACT that HE HAS MADE EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL IN ITS TIME is part of “GOD’S GIFT TO MAN”.   Until GOD opens our EYES, we will NOT be able to SEE things that are right before our eyes!  HE KNOWS ALL THINGS, and HIS PLAN for our lives will NOT be hurried to fit our agenda!   

No comments:

Post a Comment