Thursday, August 8, 2024

“BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!”

 Psalms 46:10                    (KJV)


“BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD”: I WILL BE exalted among the heathen, I WILL BE exalted in the earth.”




A post from social media a few years back reads “Be still and know that I am GOD.  The original Hebrew root of Be still doesn’t mean “be quiet”; it means “let go”.  That’s very different, don’t you think?  Let go and know that I am GOD.  Let go of trying to control your spouse!  Let go of your worry about your finances!  Let go of your unforgiveness!  Let go of your past!  Let go of what you can’t control— and rest in the knowledge that GOD is in control!”  




SEEING people, INCLUDING MYSELF, exhibiting the “drawing” to do whatever “they think is best” is perhaps the ugliest misconception from “the enemy”???  Humanity doesn’t have the ability to follow PERFECTION (JESUS’ example!)!  There are times when we are so “caught up in the moment” that we DON’T consider the path that GOD might have PLANNED for our lives!  


Recalling the journey of “my life”, I have VERY OFTEN performed what is right before my eyes, never considering if that is what HIS PLAN was being fulfilled by my actions?  But recently GOD is “leading and guiding” me to LET GO of the “ways of this world” and do things that will HONOR and GLORIFY HIM!  


Having your EYES OPENED is a task that humanity has NO CONTROL over!  We need to LET GO, to “BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD” more than “doing what we think” is best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment