Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hey, did you hear that? It's opportunity knocking!!

I like the subtle message of that message..."opportunity knocking at the door". It denotes the fact that grasping things we want in life requires work on our part....opening said door.
 I read this post today on FACEBOOK and it got me to thinking.  Do I open ENOUGH doors?  Or am I waiting for doors to magically come open for me?  So I started looking for answers, and the FIRST place I look for answers is the Book of ANSWERS.........the HOLY BIBLE!!!  According to my version of the King James BIBLE the word "KNOCK" is in scripture THREE times.  Matthew 7:7, Luke 11:9 and Luke 13:25.  
Matthew 7:7 says "knock, and it shall be opened unto you."  Luke 11:9 says "knock, and it shall be opened unto you."  Luke 13:25  is a parable where the MASTER of the house is shutting the door for HIS feast and the ones who have CHOSEN to wait until the last minute "begin to stand without, and to KNOCK at the door, saying Lord, Lord, open unto us, and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are!"  
In the first two entries into scripture (Matthew 7:7 and Luke 11:9) JESUS is opening the door for you and HE is saying the DOOR IS OPEN!  Come on in!  But, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE to come in!  In the third entry to scripture (Luke 13:25) JESUS is telling of those who have tried to WAIT just a little too long, tried to fix their own problems just a little much, tried to clean up their life before they come to THE LORD too many times and time ran out on them.  THE DOOR WAS SHUT!!!  Some were right outside the door and had good intentions of coming to HIS FEAST, but they were too late!  
Folks, this was a parable.....but it will happen one day.  JESUS will decide to gather HIS children and when HE does, IT IS TOO LATE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment