Monday, October 1, 2012

NOT MY OWN!!

A friend of mine posted this scripture and, although I have read it many times, today it caused me to hover over it much like a helicopter does.  I pray these words will impact you as you make your journey through your daily life.   

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV) states  "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."

Our bodies (flesh and bone) are operated by our spirit.  Much like an airline operates an airplane for a time, our bodies are temporal!  The plane WILL wear out, but the flight will remain   The Holy Spirit is available to take the journey with us.  We can "invite" HIM in and enjoy the JOY and PEACE from above, or we can choose to journey ALONE!  Sooner or later, this Journey, called life, will end and where will we be then?  

The words that REALLY stand out to me are "You are not your own, for you were bought with a price.".   My mind goes to a slave market.  I can see JESUS in a bidding war with the Satan over my soul.  Finally, JESUS says HE will give HIS blood for me!   The blood of the SON of the LIVING GOD was spent for my spirit!  

It humbles me to know that GOD ALMIGHTY wanted me enough to give HIS SON for me!  #grateful  #unworthy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment