Tuesday, September 29, 2015

"FOR MY NAME'S SAKE!"

Isaiah 48:9-11                    (ESV)
"9 "FOR MY NAME'S SAKE" I defer my anger, for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you, that I may not cut you off.
10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction.
11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another."  .



Yesterdays writings were from Isaiah 48:10-15.  When I opened up my Bible App it was still on Isaiah 49 and I was drawn to verse 9.  "FOR MY NAME'S SAKE" I defer my anger, for the sake of my praise I restrain it (my anger) for you, that I may not cut you off"!  To understand how long-suffering and gracious GOD is, one has to realize HE deferred HIS anger so I can praise HIM!

HE refined me in the furnace of affliction FOR HIS OWN SAKE, FOR HIS OWN SAKE!!  If I received what I deserved I would be judged guilty a long time ago.  GOD deferred HIS anger and sent HIS SON to earth to live a sinless, perfect life just so HE could sacrifice JESUS as propitiation for my sins.  And not because I was deemed worthy of another chance, GOD did it because HE IS LOVE, it is in HIS character to LOVE!

GOD must love a challenge, for HE took someone who was selfish, egotistical, and full of sin to spread HIS love in and through.  One might have made an argument that GOD might have been better off just throwing me away and starting anew with a new creation......in fact, HE did!  In 2 Corinthian 5:17 it is written "Therefore, if ANYONE is in CHRIST, he is a NEW CREATION. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."  GOD is in the business of recycling (Titus 3:5) by HIS HOLY SPIRIT!

When GOD's Word says "FOR MY NAME'S SAKE" it is not because GOD is trying to "save face" by displaying HIS mercy and grace.   GOD SO LOVED the world that HE freely gave HIS only SON for a wretch such as I, not because HE thought I might be a good investment in the end.  1 John 4:8 says "Whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD IS LOVE".  HE created "this world", and then HE sent HIS SON to redeem "this world", because HE LOVED THIS WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment