Friday, September 25, 2015

"YOUR WORD!"

Psalms 119:11; 105-107
"11 I have stored up "YOUR WORD" in my heart, that I might not sin against YOU......
........105 "YOUR WORD" is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to keep YOUR righteous rules.
107 I am severely afflicted; give me life, O LORD, according to "YOUR WORD!"


Recently I wrote about "letting my WORDS be few", for I tend to say TOO much at times.  My apparent affinity to hear myself speaking is becoming somewhat baffling, as I do not consider myself wise, smart, nor funny!  The most conflicting thing about hearing yourself speaking is, it is difficult to hear someone else speaking when you are speaking.  Most importantly, hearing from GOD when my mouth is engaged is proving to be too difficult for me to accomplish!

My WORDS cannot compare to "YOUR WORD"!  Joshua 1:8 says "This Book of the Law (YOUR WORD) shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success".  David wrote "I have stored up "YOUR WORD" in my heart, that I might not sin against YOU!  President Ronald Reagan said "Within the covers of the BIBLE are the answers for all the problems men face"!  "YOUR WORD" is something that we need to show more respect and reverence for, yet most of us don't even take time to read it at all, let alone DAILY!

Sharing "YOUR WORD" is something that I sometimes feel "not sure enough of myself" to do with those who I feel led to share "YOUR WORD" with.  What I need to understand is that JESUS said in Luke 12:8-12 that HE would give us the WORDS to say to glorify HIS Name.  The brain hemorrhage left me with very few deficits (disabilities), but WORD RECALL is one of those disabilities that I continue to struggle with.  But GOD is showing me that my lack of WORD RECALL is not so much a disability, rather an opportunity to magnify HIS Name for healing me the way HE has!   HE doesn't do things haphazardly, and HE could have restored my ability to speak fluently and rapidly IF HE would have received more glory from that.  But HIS Plan and Purpose was that I would be left with, not only a desire to find any word to complete a sentence, but I would SLOW DOWN and seek "YOUR WORD" so YOU could be glorified!

Psalms 119:107 says "I AM SEVERELY AFFLICTED; give me life, O LORD, according to "YOUR WORD"!  For about 3 weeks in July 2007 my doctors were not convinced I would survive, much less recover as completely as I have.  GOD has truly "given me life" when I was SEVERELY AFFLICTED!  But the most satisfying work HE has accomplished in my life has been slowing me down to hear from HIM.  Hearing "YOUR WORD" is far more important than hearing my WORDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment