Thursday, September 17, 2015

"STILL WATERS!"

Psalms 23:1-2                              (ESV)
"1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
2 HE makes me lie down in green pastures. HE LEADS ME BESIDE "STILL WATERS"."



Recently I was meditating and pondering the 23rd Psalms.  When I got to verse 2 I literally had to stop and re-evaluate what I had been reading over too quickly for many years!  David was reportedly born in 1040 BC.  GOD hasn't changed, nor has HIS Word changed, in the past 3,000 years!  My "Spiritual Ears" will continue to change, however, until I am I HIS presence.  

Most know that sheep are one of the most "needy" of GOD's creation.  Is that why King David wrote that "The LORD is my Shepherd" in Psalms 23:1.  There are some sheep who have no shepherd, who wander aimlessly through life with no direction, nor purpose other than to make the most money (temporal possession) they can, and then they die and someone else owns their possessions! 

If GOD ALMIGHTY is your Shepherd, you being a sheep have to trust HE is not going to lead you into anything HE will not gain glory from.  Keep in mind, we are not here to receive glory.  We are here to glorify and magnify the FATHER!  In Exodus 14, the Children of Israel surely thought GOD had led them to certain peril on the banks if the Red Sea.  In Exodus 14:4 is a verse that is GREATLY overlooked where GOD tells us "I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his hosts"!  GOD shepherded HIS Children, HIS chosen, across the Red Sea "on dry ground" (v.22).  The story wasn't that the Children of Israel were saved that day.  The story was that GOD is Supreme and HE GOT GLORY over Pharaoh and all his hosts!

Since GOD is my Shepherd and HE herds (or leads) me in the path HE will get glory from, why do I fret when things don't turn out the way "I think" they should go?  GOD may be leading me to Red Sea so "HE will get glory" over the enemy and so I trust in HIM more?  Our faith grows the most when we have "no way out" but GOD!  HE may lead me beside "STILL WATERS" where I can relax in HIM and know that HE IS GOD,  It is difficult to trust in HIM when you are in the midst of a raging river, but that is when I have no other choice than to trust in HIM!  If we trust in HIM during the "STILL WATERS", it will be easier to allow HIM to deliver us at the Red Sea!

Joshua 1:8 instructs us "This Book of the Law shall NOT depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it DAY and NIGHT, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."  GOD wants to be with us DAY and NIGHT, but we have to TRUST in HIM in the "STILL WATERS" so HE can get glory at the Red Sea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment