Thursday, September 3, 2015

"YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL!"

John 8:39-47                (ESV)
"39 They answered HIM, "Abraham is our father." JESUS said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works Abraham did,
40 but now you seek to kill ME, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from GOD. This is not what Abraham did.
41 You are doing the works your father did." They said to HIM, "We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one FATHER-even GOD."
42 JESUS said to them, "If GOD were your FATHER, you would love ME, for I came from GOD and I am here. I came not of MY OWN ACCORD, but HE SENT ME.
43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear MY word.
44 You are of "YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL", and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe ME.
46 Which one of you convicts ME of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe ME?
47 Whoever is of GOD hears the words of GOD. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of GOD." 



The book of The Gospel of John undoubtedly is my favorite book of the New Testament, maybe in the entire Bible.  My recent posts were from the same passage of scripture, only was focused on a different verse.  My previous focus was on HE (GOD) SENT ME!  JESUS came ON PURPOSE to provide my salvation on Calvary.  HE even told "the Jews" HE didn't come by HIS own accord, but GOD SENT HIM!

But just as JESUS fulfilled HIS purpose, just as Pharaoh fulfilled his purpose, just as Abraham, King David, Isaiah, Peter, and Paul........they ALL fulfilled their purpose, and "the Jews" fulfilled their purpose!  Don't misunderstand, when scripture speaks of "the Jews" it is not identifying ALL Jews.  JESUS said in John 8:31 "So Jesus said to "the Jews" who had believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,". Then in John 8:34 "Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who PRACTICES SIN is a slave to sin."  Being one of "the Jews" was not a guarantee of an eternity with JESUS.  But some of "the Jews" sure thought it was?  JESUS made it clear that being "born again" (of the Spirit) is the most important thing!

Today there are many who think that since they are part of a big church, with a big choir, and a huge budget, that they are a part of kingdom work!  But JESUS says you are nothing but of "YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL"!  It doesn't do my heart good to call church members to account, but JESUS died for you and you need to hear that "the Jews" were the ones who had JESUS put on trial and crucified!  They were in the biggest sanctuary with the most ornate furnishings yet they could not even recognize GOD IN THE FLESH walking before their eyes.  JESUS HIMSELF told them "you are of YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL"!  

HEAVENLY FATHER, I pray that YOU humble my Spirit and cause me to seek to accomplish my purpose while I am in "this world", to glorify the FATHER.  Help me to recognize and identify that "YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL" will continue to attempt to inflict his evilness into YOUR PLAN.  But YOU are GOD and YOUR SON, JESUS, defeated "THEIR FATHER THE DEVIL" at Calvary!   

No comments:

Post a Comment