Friday, August 3, 2018

“ENCAMP!”

Exodus 14:1-4                          (ESV)
“1 Then the LORD said to Moses,
2 "Tell the people of Israel to TURN BACK and “ENCAMP” in front of Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, in front of Baal-zephon; YOU SHALL “ENCAMP” facing it, by the sea.
3 For Pharaoh WILL say of the people of Israel, 'They are wandering in the land; the wilderness has shut them in.'
4 And I WILL harden Pharaoh's heart, and HE WILL pursue them, and I WILL get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians SHALL KNOW that I AM the LORD." And they did so.”



No less than 10 times since I began my almost Biblical writings in 2011 have I been drawn to write about Exodus 14:1-4.  There is something about GOD directing the Israelites to “ENCAMP” where their enemy would say “the wilderness has shut them in” so GOD would get Glory over them that fascinates me.  

Some time around 2014 I feel GOD instructed me to almost disconnect from this world and trust in HIM for my sustenance.  Recently I have been wondering if I might have heard what I wanted to hear instead of what GOD was telling me?   The urge to “do something, even if it’s wrong” has to be intentionally resisted when I have been told to “ENCAMP” and WAIT ON THE LORD!  

The LORD said the word “ENCAMP” twice in verse two, making it clear that HE wanted the Israelites to WAIT for HIM and HIS timing.  Then Scripture goes on to say certain things that WILL happen as a result of the Israelites being obedient, with the final one being “I WILL get glory over Pharaoh and all his hosts”!!  The Israelites had to WAIT ON THE LORD because HE had led them with HIS presence (Exodus 13:21) where they had no other options.  


Knowing what happened later in Exodus 14 and looking in hindsight, it can be a might be easier to understand why the Israelites were required to “ENCAMP” and WAIT ON THE LORD.  However, looking in hindsight is NOT walking by FAITH, and we KNOW that “without FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please HIM” (Hebrews 11:6)!  FATHER IN HEAVEN, cause me to be obedient, especially when I am told to “ENCAMP”, and let YOUR WILL be done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment