Wednesday, August 22, 2018

“SPIRIT of HIM!”

Romans 8:9-11                     (ESV)
“9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the SPIRIT, if in fact the SPIRIT of GOD dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the SPIRIT of CHRIST does not belong to HIM.
10 But if CHRIST is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the SPIRIT is life because of righteousness.
11 If the “SPIRIT of HIM” WHO raised JESUS from the dead dwells in you, HE who raised CHRIST JESUS from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through HIS SPIRIT who dwells in you.”



It can be extremely frustrating to get down on ourselves, to begin focusing on the negative things that are happening in our lives rather than the good.  Getting a confidence boost can be something that helps, but often the “boost” doesn’t overcome the valleys we are traveling through.  But when we KNOW WHO lives within our lives we can be assured that “HE WHO began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of JESUS CHRIST.” (Philippians 1:6).  

The “SPIRIT of HIM” WHO raised JESUS from the dead (the SPIRIT OF GOD) dwells in me is not just some mythical supposition, it is TRUTH!  John 4:24 tells me that “....GOD IS SPIRIT...”, and we need to yield to HIS leading and direction while journeying through “this world”.  Why would we have the CREATOR of the universes living inside of us and NOT listen to HIM about everything we are doing?  

GOD ALMIGHTY quietly lives inside of some of us, but we have to BE STILL and listen for HIS guidance.  HIS SPIRIT lives, not just within our bodies, but HE conquered death, Hell, and the grave and we need to live like it!  So many times I revert to “living in the flesh” and trying to figure things out on my own when GOD already has my life orchestrated with HIS Plan!  The darkest hours of my life were overcome with ABSOLUTELY no input or help from me.  GOD is enough!!!


My wife bought me a coffee cup a few years ago with a simple inscription on it, “I GOT THIS—-GOD”!  If GOD can separate the sky from the dirt, if HE can guide the water between the banks of a river, if HE can save my wretched soul from eternal damnation, HE can certainly lead me through “this world”!  The “SPIRIT of HIM” WHO created everything that was created wants to be LORD of our lives.  Do we have time to listen to HIM???

No comments:

Post a Comment