Saturday, June 29, 2019

“I GO!”

John 14:1-6                                                    (ESV)
“1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in GOD; believe also in ME.
2 In my FATHER’S house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that “I GO” to prepare a place for you?
3 And if “I GO” and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to MYSELF , that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know the way to where I am going."
5 Thomas said to him, "LORD, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?"
6 JESUS said to him, "I am the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through ME.”



Cancer can be a devastating diagnosis for our bodies.  My younger sister was diagnosed with Gastric Carcinoma (Stomach Cancer) in October 25, 1996.   She was a seemingly healthy, physically fit, 33 year old mother of one that was very active and full of life.  After only two chemo treatments she was considered TERMINALLY ILL and she slipped into her eternal reward on December 26, 1996, only two months later, weighing less than 90 pounds and looked as though she was 100 years old!  In talking ABOUT HER FUTURE she stated “I want to see JESUS”!  She didn’t want to linger any longer in “this world” for she KNEW that her destination was clear!  

A lot of people actually live as though they are everlasting, that nothing can happen that they will not be able to overcome.  They save money for a rainy day and then get killed in an automobile accident or something similar, spending nothing on the needs of themselves, OR OTHERS!  

Putting OTHERS needs first is EXACTLY what JESUS did when HE left Heaven to physically live in this world for 33 years.  The Health, Wealth, and Prosperity Gospel would probably say that GOD IN THE FLESH didn’t have GOD‘S HAND on HIS life because HE didn’t own HIS own private jet!  Allowing our focus to be on anything other than our eternal reward is akin to saying that JESUS’ preparations for us aren’t satisfactory for us, isn’t it?

We need to remember that we are just passing through “this world”, it is NOT our home!  JESUS says in John 14:3 “And if “I GO” and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to MYSELF , that where I am you may be also.”  My little sister recognized and realized that she was only a sojourner in “this world” and she was ready to say “I GO” to her current surroundings.  Until my SOJOURN is completed, I will continue reflecting HIS LOVE to a lost and dying world.  When it is y time, I pray that I will be able to say “I GO” to my future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment