Tuesday, August 27, 2019

“FOUNDATION!”

Psalms 87:1                                                                        (KJV)
“HIS “FOUNDATION” is in the Holy mountains.”



When my wife and I were married, a cousin  came to the wedding in our home town.  He graciously offered to give us the use of a 1984 customized van for the entire honeymoon week if we would carry him and his party home.  He lived in Morrilton, Arkansas, certainly not the honeymoon destination of the rich and famous.  But we went anyway and ventured up to Petit Jean Mountain, just south of his hometown to begin our lives together.  

Yesterday I was privileged to attend the memorial service for his son, a 64 year old man who never had great wealth, but was rich beyond measure!  After the luncheon following the service, in following the customs of my ancestry, I went back to the cemetery to spend a few minutes at the gravesite.  The cemetery is at the base of Petit Jean Mountain, so I decided that I needed to go back “up the mountain” and quietly allow GOD to speak to me.  In less than 10 minutes I was on top of the mountain, and GOD did not disappoint!

On our 35th wedding anniversary (February 17, 2019) we went back to the same lodge where we began our lives together.  Little did I fully understand that ALMIGHTY GOD was preparing me/us for the remainder of our lives as we have returned to this place on numerous occasions for a get-a-way.  GOD placed Psalms 87:1 on my heart and mind while my wife was resting.  “HIS “FOUNDATION” is in the Holy mountains” really didn’t have a grand significance to me, but Psalms 87:1 stuck with me.   Surely because we were on Petit Jean Mountain was why Psalms 87:1 was on my mind?  That is the only thing that made sense!

One dictionary defines “FOUNDATION” as “the basis or groundwork of anything:”.  Basically, our entire lives together began on THE MOUNTAIN.  Now, I have caused us to experience the valleys more times than I care to admit, but in the valleys are where the greatest growth occurs!  But “HIS (GOD’S) “FOUNDATION” is in the Holy mountains” I believe because HE is GOD and HE doesn’t need to mature!  HE simply wants us to understand that we are HIS and we should TRUST HIM for our everything!  

While I certainly don’t deserve a relationship with OUR CREATOR, to know that HE CHOSE me to be called out of the darkness and into HIS marvelous light is something that I will let EVERYONE know!  I AM CHOSEN, and OUR CREATOR has HIS “FOUNDATION” in the Holy mountains, therefore I will abide in HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment