Wednesday, August 14, 2019

“WHERE WERE YOU?”

Job 38:1-4                                                (ESV)
“1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:
2 "Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? 
3 Dress for action like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me. 
4 "”WHERE WERE YOU” when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.”



The view “this world” has of ALMIGHTY GOD is continually growing dimmer and dimmer as we near the return of JESUS.  While some of us can SEE that we are becoming more wicked every day, others think that we are increasing in our knowledge and intellect.  There was recently a statement saying that “In the eyes of GOD, marriage is still ONE man and ONE woman”!  For me, I am wondering just who it is that defines marriage!  It would seem to me that since ALMIGHTY GOD CREATED us, HE is the ONLY ONE WHO can change HIS rules?  

“"Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?”  Have we become so educated that we ignore what GOD says in HIS BOOK?  HE CREATED us giving HIM the privilege to lay out the rules, and we have to follow those rules.  If we want to make rules, we need to CREATE our own beings from dirt and then breathe into them the BREATH OF LIFE!  Yes, then we can change rules to reflect what we want.  We could be in charge, changing rules, doing what we think is best!

We think we are so intelligent and such masters of our own destiny when we are unable to add one day to tho feeble existence called life.  One of my FAVORITE quotes is “Life hasn’t gone as I planned, and that is okay”!  I’m not WISE enough to make decisions about my future.  We want to change rules for our lives, or on beings that we didn’t CREATE, without even knowing what they were CREATED to be.  But until we can CREATE LIFE from nothing, we are left answering “WHERE WERE YOU” when everything was CREATED from nothing???  

No comments:

Post a Comment