Thursday, August 29, 2019

“IN SIN!”

Psalms 51:5-10                                                                (ESV)
“5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and “IN SIN” did my mother conceive me. 
6 Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and YOU teach me wisdom in the secret heart. 
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 
8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that YOU  have broken rejoice. 
9 Hide YOUR face from my sins, and BLOT OUT ALL MY INIQUITIES. 
10 Create in me a clean heart, O GOD, and renew a right spirit within me.”



When GOD does a WORK in our lives, an indescribable TRANSFORMATION takes place, one that words cannot describe, especially for someone who struggles with word selection.  King David, a man after GOD’S OWN heart (1 Samuel 13:14), writes in the passage of Scripture above that he, like ALL of us, was conceived “IN SIN”!  In other words, even if he lived a perfect life and had never strayed from THE LAW, he would have not been worthy to call upon the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES to BLOT OUT ALL MY INIQUITIES.  

So many people state, when asked why they should allowed into Heaven, that they have been a good person and tried to do the right thing.  But King David KNEW that he was not worthy to even call upon the name of THE LORD.  He was simply at the mercy of a loving GOD to “create in me a clean heart, O GOD, and renew a right spirit within me”!  Being a man after GOD’S OWN heart must have made the man a little bit better than others?  But David only saw his brokenness and impurities, and he begged to be purged with hyssop!  “Cleanse me with hyssop...” was not talking about being clean physically.  Instead, King David was requesting to be Spiritually cleansed with hyssop, a current day antiseptic, to remove his sin from his account.  He understood, unlike some, that the blood of his father, Jesse, was tainted leaving him imperfect before a HOLY GOD.  He was conceived “IN SIN” and he lived “IN SIN”!  

Why do we want to act as though we are better than King David, or any other of GOD’S Creation? We are simply people born “IN SIN” and until we leave “this world” we will remain “IN SIN”!  JESUS CHRIST, born of a virgin by INCORRUPTIBLE SEED (1 Peter 1:23), SUFFERED through “this world”, in obedience to the FATHER, for the EXPLICIT purpose of providing my salvation!  

We ALL are born “IN SIN”!  NONE of us have the ability to NOT NEED A SAVIOR!  Unless you have the offering of JESUS on your behalf, you will stand before a HOLY GOD with what you were born with........”IN SIN”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment