Sunday, October 20, 2019

“A DOER!”


James 1:22-25                                                   (ESV)
“22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror.
24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.
25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but “A DOER” who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.”



Far too often I seek to listen to the news media, view social media, or even listen to sermons instead of getting my guidance and direction from THE WORD OF GOD, which is “...living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)!  I am so BLINDED at times that I am unable to SEE TRUTH, for the enemy has so many lies in front of me that my judgement and discernment is distorted.  

Acts 17:11 says “Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received THE WORD with all eagerness, EXAMINING THE SCRIPTURES DAILY to see if these things were so.”  So then why do I assume that my intellect is so much better that I can NOT TRUST in THE WORD OF GOD to steer me in the direction where GOD can receive Glory from me?  

Applying THE WORD in our lives is paramount in discipleship.  When we manage to SLOW OUR LIVES DOWN long enough to HEAR from GOD, we must become “A DOER” of HIS WORD, not merely hearers!  Listening to the news, social media, and everything else under the sun will NOT draw us closer to our Creator.  Only by becoming “A DOER” will we be more in HIS IMAGE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment