Saturday, October 26, 2019

“MY PEACE!”

John 14:26-27                                         (ESV)
“25 "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you.
26 But the HELPER, the HOLY SPIRIT, whom the FATHER will send in MY name, HE will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
27 Peace I leave with you; “MY PEACE” I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”


Twila Paris made the song “GOD IS IN CONTROL” popular.  The song was released in 1993.  My wife heard it in 2007 when I was hospitalized with a Brain Hemorrhage and she knew that everything was going to be okay.  After the Brain Hemorrhage, I discovered how fatal they were and I realized that SOMEONE far wiser and compassionate than me was calling me shots AND I SERVE HIM, not HE serves my every whim!  

When our EYES are finally opened and we are able to SEE that GOD IS IN CONTROL we should be confident that “MY PEACE” will guide and direct us through “this world”!  To recognize that GOD is involved with even the smallest details of our lives, is a way of proclaiming that we are NOT calling the shots in this life.  Others may not be privileged to SEE that ALMIGHTY GOD is over all, so it we are called to spread the WORD 

Our diets and lifestyle’s are greatly to blame, but antidepressants and anti anxiety prescriptions are currently used in massive amounts in an attempt to bring “MY PEACE” to a world searching for answers.   We could cure so many ailments if we would just identify and recognize that GOD IS GOD and we are not! ONLY HE is capable of delivering “MY PEACE” to those who are without GOD.  ONLY GOD can fix a broken life.  Exodus 14:4 says “And I (GOD) WILL HARDEN PHARAOH’S HEART, and he will pursue them, and I WILL GET GLORY over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD." And they did so.”  

Pharaoh didn’t realize that he was playing right into GOD’s PLAN!  One might say that they wouldn’t have chased after the Children of Israel.  But GOD is calling the shots, Pharaoh didn’t have a say in the matter!  We are here to draw GOD Glory, and the sooner we realize and recognize it the sooner we will find “MY PEACE” in everything we do. GOD ALMIGHTY might call our little sister HOME, and HE may cause us to travel a road we cannot imagine, but when we understand that “MY PEACE” is all we need, we are finally SEEING that GOD IS GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment