Wednesday, July 7, 2021

“HIS PURPOSE!”

 Ephesians 1:7-10                         (ESV)

“[7] In HIM we have redemption through HIS blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of HIS grace, [8] which HE lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight [9] making known to us the mystery of HIS will, according to “HIS PURPOSE”, which HE set forth in CHRIST [10] as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in HIM, things in heaven and things on earth.”


Philippians 2:12-13

“[12] Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, [13] for it is GOD WHO works in you, both to will and to work for HIS GOOD PLEASURE.”





In a memory I shared recently I mentioned that being anything you wanted to be was not always possible.  Being 6’6” tall was a non-starter for the U.S. Air Force in 1978 if you wanted to become a pilot.  If you were over 6’4” tall you weren’t even considered for the pilot program, especially if your education level was a high school graduate!  It wasn’t a dream career to me and I quickly began looking at other options when these requirements were made known to me.  


Being in the senior citizen population now, it amazes me the path that GOD has CHOSEN for me to travel for “HIS PURPOSE”.  Sure an Air Force pilot would have been difficult and demanding, but this PATH was not according to “HIS PURPOSE” for my life.  When I review what I can remember of the first 60+ years of my life, the “highs” and “lows” are many, but the main force of my life remains FAITHFUL!


To do anything other than “HIS PURPOSE” is something that I want to avoid.   Living “the testimony” of just the medical MIRACLES that I have experienced is literally astounding, but KNOWING GOD has led me to draw GLORY to HIS NAME humbles this one unworthy vessel.  To understand that THE CREATOR uses me to draw GLORY to HIS NAME, and for “HIS PURPOSE”, is a blessing beyond my wildest imagination!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment