Friday, July 9, 2021

“WHY DO YOU CRY TO ME?”

 Exodus 14:15-18                          (ESV)

“[15] The LORD said to Moses, “WHY DO YOU CRY TO ME?” Tell the people of Israel to go forward. [16] Lift up your staff, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it, that the people of Israel may go through the sea on dry ground. [17] And I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they shall go in after them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, his chariots, and his horsemen. [18] And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten glory over Pharaoh, his chariots, and his horsemen.””





Exodus 14:14 has been a verse of Scripture that has had a great impact on me, “The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”  Always wanting to be THE PERSON that GOD used to accomplish HIS PURPOSE was what “I wanted” in my life!  Until recently while reading again GOD spoke to me in a humbling way.  


HE said “Am I not GOD THE CREATOR?  Did I need you to understand everything when I SPOKE these worlds into existence?  I can CREATE everything from nothing, so I don’t need you to do anything, I CHOOSE to allow you to work on my behalf and for my GLORY!”  


We’re I writing the script for the Exodus, I might have had the Egyptians get attacked by killer bees or something similar!  But GODS PERFECT PLAN called for them to try and capture the Israelites again and GOD to gain GLORY at the Red Sea!  Exodus 14:28 records what happened, “The waters returned and covered the chariots and the horsemen; of all the host of Pharaoh that had followed them into the sea, NOT ONE OF THEM REMAINED!”  The enemy was once again annihilated by THE LORD!


When I get caught up in my feeble, brain damaged mind on how I THINK things should happen, ALMIGHTY GOD has to remind me that “GOD did not invite me to be co-god with HIM”!  HE is GOD the CREATOR, so “WHY DO YOU CRY TO ME”???  

No comments:

Post a Comment