Wednesday, July 14, 2021

“WAIT FOR THE LORD!”

 Psalms 27:14                          (KJV)

“WAIT FOR THE LORD”: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: WAIT, I SAY, FOR THE LORD.”




Exhibiting patience has never been one of my strong suits!  For that matter, it hasn’t even been one of my weak suits either!  Admiration of my wife has been something that has been rather easy for me.  She has always seemed so calm and relaxed.  Even when I was in a coma 14 years ago the nurses remarked how she was seemingly unfazed by the seriousness of my condition, that she KNEW that I was going to be fine???  I can only say today that her FAITH is a lot stronger than mine was!


When we are told to “WAIT FOR THE LORD” we basically have to admit that we ARE NOT HIM, that HE IS GOD and we are not!  How many times are we instructed to HAVE FAITH IN GOD, yet we fail to TRUST in HIS TIMING?  When we tell people that we have faith in GOD, but then we proceed to “make a way” for ourselves, we are in essence admitting by our actions that we know better than HIM.  “Yielding” to HOLY SPIRIT is usually evidence that we are maturing SPIRITUALLY.  


I’m not sure that being placed into a coma is the preferred method of displaying SPIRITUAL maturity though???  There are several times in my life where I have HAD to “WAIT FOR THE LORD” because my mind could not SEE any other option.  My limited knowledge and wisdom could not figure out a way out of the predicament that I found myself in, no matter how hard I tried.  It seems as though I might have been in a proverbial wilderness and every turn I make is the wrong one!


In those times I am left with Psalms 27:14 and “WAIT FOR THE LORD”!  The thing that I really need to hear is the end of the verse that says, “WAIT, I SAY, FOR THE LORD”!!!  It is like HOLY SPIRIT is saying “I have been trying to tell you, “WAIT FOR THE LORD”!!!  I prefer not to be placed in a 17 day coma again to LEARN that lesson!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment