Monday, September 26, 2022

“A LEVITE!”

 Judges 17:6-13                      (ESV)


“[6] In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.


[7] Now there was a young man of Bethlehem in Judah, of the family of Judah, who was “A LEVITE”, and he sojourned there. [8] And the man departed from the town of Bethlehem in Judah to sojourn where HE COULD FIND A PLACE. And as he journeyed, he came to the hill country of Ephraim to the house of Micah. [9] And Micah said to him, “Where do you come from?” And he said to him, “I am “A LEVITE” of Bethlehem in Judah, and I am going to sojourn where I may find a place.” [10] And Micah said to him, “Stay with me, and be to me a father and a priest, and I will give you ten pieces of silver a year and a suit of clothes and your living.” And the LEVITE went in. [11] And the LEVITE was content to dwell with the man, and the young man became to him like one of his sons. [12] And Micah ordained the LEVITE, and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of Micah. [13] Then Micah said, “Now I know that the LORD will prosper me, because I have “A LEVITE” as priest.””




“A LEVITE” means to be “set apart” according to one Biblical dictionary!  Some believe that this “A LEVITE” was “no other than a grandson of Moses”?  Regardless, this “young man” (Judges 17:7) was USED by GOD as a PRIEST who gave direction to “the house of Micah” (Judges 17:12) when HE COULD FIND A PLACE to serve THE LORD!  


May I take notice when ALMIGHTY GOD places “A LEVITE” in my path and listen to what THE ALMIGHTY has to say to me through him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment