Friday, November 10, 2023

I DO THE VERY THING I HATE!”

 Romans 7:15                        (ESV)


“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but “I DO THE VERY THING I HATE”!”




Normally I try to avoid having a single Bible verse as the focal point of the devotionals I write.  For me to do so two days in a row is something to stop the presses about!  Yesterday I wrote about Isaiah 64:6.  Today I am writing about Romans 7:15.  The reason I am writing about Romans 7:15 today is at times “I DO THE VERY THING I HATE”!!


WHY do I perform the acts that I abhor?  The Apostle Paul wrote the perfect response to this question about ten verses later in Romans 7:24-25.  There he writes “Wretched man that I am! WHO will deliver me from this body of death?  Thanks be to GOD through JESUS CHRIST our LORD! So then, I myself serve the law of GOD with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.”  


Although I was BORN AGAIN on January 08, 1978, after 45 years I STILL have yet to have a sinless day.  “The enemy” is quite adept at using my sinful actions as an attempt to defeat me.  But JESUS CHRIST paid for ALL my sins on Calvary and even though “I DO THE VERY THING I HATE”, I am forgiven because of my REDEEMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment