Friday, November 17, 2023

“MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS!”

 2 Corinthians 12:7-10                    (ESV)


“[7] So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. [8] Three times I pleaded with the LORD about this, that it should leave me. [9] But HE said to me, “MY GRACE is sufficient for you, for “MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS”.” Therefore I WILL BOAST ALL THE MORE GLADLY of my weaknesses, so that the POWER of CHRIST MAY REST UPON ME. [10] For the sake of CHRST, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am WEAK, then I am STRONG.”





There are times when we have a WEAKNESS that GOD uses for HIS GLORY.  But WHY does GOD use WEAKNESS in HIS CHOSEN when it might be thought that we should be STRONGER than our enemy? When we rely on JESUS, the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES, we can achieve ANYTHING!  


When we SUBMIT to JESUS and HIS PLAN for our lives, we basically are yielding to HIS direction and PLAN for our future.  From personal experience, HE doesn’t need our input or advice to advance HIS CAUSE (refer to July 12-29, 2007)!!  During this particular time in my life, I was TOTALLY incapable of even breathing on my own!  How did I make it through “the valley of the shadow of death”?  Maybe when I was WEAK, HE WAS STRONG???


One might assume that through this MONUMENTAL process that I would become extremely ready and willing to surrender my CHOICES to HIS WILL?  But just like Moses and the Children of Israel in Exodus 14, I had no other option than TO WAIT ON THE LORD to provide my needs!  


Psalms 27:14 (KJV) says “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen thine heart: WAIT, I SAY, ON THE LORD.”   JESUS said to the Apostle Paul “MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS”.  But we MUST WAIT ON HIM and submit to HIS AUTHORITY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment