Thursday, February 1, 2024

“A TIME FOR EVERY MATTER UNDER HEAVEN!”

 Ecclesiastes 3:1-8                        (ESV)


A Time for Everything


“[1] For everything there is a season, and “A TIME FOR EVERY MATTER UNDER HEAVEN”:


    [2] A TIME TO BE BORN, and A TIME TO DIE;

    a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 

    [3] a time to kill, and a time to heal;

    a time to break down, and a time to build up; 

    [4] a time to weep, and a time to laugh;

    a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 

    [5] a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;

    a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 

    [6] a time to seek, and a time to lose;

    a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 

    [7] a time to tear, and a time to sew;

    a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 

    [8] a time to love, and a time to hate;

    a time for war, and a time for peace.”





Recently I was viewing videos on a social media site where a man who appeared to be young/middle aged was speaking about a life experience he recalled.  His mother wanted him to take the day off and spend some time with her.  He apologized and told her that he had some clients he had to see and that he would pencil her in on his calendar and they would spend some time together then.   His mother was dead four months later from Breast Cancer!


My story is quite different!  It was about 6 months following the Brain Hemorrhage in 2007 and my mom was at the doctor with me.  Our doctor gave me a release to go back to work, and in his next breath said “Miss Alice, I don’t have as good of news for you.  You have Breast Cancer”!  I was still excited about being released to get back into the whirlwind of work, and now he is telling me that my mom had cancer???  That was February 05, 2008, almost 16 years ago.  She died February 27, 2008, 22 days later!!!


My brain was still not in the best condition literally a few months following the Brain Hemorrhage. I was determined to ease my mom through this process as painless as possible.  She had given up so much on behalf of the three children she had birthed.  I didn’t want her “exodus” from “this world” to be a suffering event, instead it needed to be a CELEBRATION!!!


Scripture says in Ecclesiastes 3:1 “For everything there is a season, and “A TIME FOR EVERY MATTER UNDER HEAVEN”:”  In the following verses it lists several different things that we might experience.  In verse two above begins with “A TIME TO BE BORN, and A TIME TO DIE”.  We ALL will experience DEATH!  What happens next is determined by whether or not we are CHOSEN (Ephesians 1:4)!  My mom KNEW that she was on her way to SEE JESUS!  Her TIME had come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment