Acts 9:10-19 (ESV)
“[10] Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The LORD said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, LORD.” [11] And the LORD said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, [12] and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him SO THAT HE MIGHT REGAIN HIS SIGHT.” [13] But Ananias answered, “LORD, I HAVE HEARD from many about this man, how much evil he has done to YOUR saints at Jerusalem. [14] And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on YOUR NAME.” [15] But THE LORD said to him, “Go, for he is “A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT OF MINE” to carry MY NAME before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. [16] For I WILL SHOW HIM HOW MUCH HE MUST SUFFER FOR THE SAKE OF MY NAME.” [17] So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the LORD JESUS WHO appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT” [18] And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; [19] and taking food, he was strengthened.”
Saul (later renamed Paul) was VERY ZEALOUS about his goal, to strengthen “the so-called church” of the Jewish people. Acts 9:1 that we went “breathing threats and murder AGAINST the disciples of the LORD”! BUT JESUS knew (before the foundation of the world) that Saul was “A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT OF MINE” to perform a task that ONLY JESUS could do through Saul…..after a brief “cooling off” period!!!
ALMIGHTY GOD has done something very similar in my life! I too was VERY BUSY doing whatever I felt that I was being led to do, but I was moving so quickly that I never made sure of what was leading me! At least for me, I have found that the HOLY SPIRIT gets through my thick skull when I ‘LET GO’ and permit myself to be LED , AND NOT attempt to run things myself!!! LETTING GO and permitting GOD to LEAD, GUIDE and DIRECT my actions is something that I MUST become more proficient at if I want to SEE HIS BLESSINGS!!!
On July 09, 2007 I HAD TO be put into a drug-induced coma BEFORE I was able to LET GO and GOD was able to “miraculously” heal me!! HE wasn’t through with me yet, but HE had to alter my position to show me WHO WAS IN CONTROL!! WHAT will it take NOW for me to GET MY HANDS OFF OF HIS WORK??? HE used the coma to “get me out of HIS way”, so THAT HE COULD DO WHATEVER HE NEEDED TO DO TO GET ME INTO COMPLIANCE WITH HIS WILL!?!
There were NO surprises in THE PLAN for ANYTHING that happened, from CREATION to current day happenings. JESUS KNEW when HE was speaking to Ananias that the “murderous” Saul had been rendered useless and was patiently waiting for Ananias to visit him. How could that information be available at this time? JESUS KNEW that Saul was “A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT OF MINE”because GOD IS IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING, and GOD WORKS ALL THINGS FOR HIS GLORY (Romans 8:28!).
GOD HAS A PLAN!!! HE responds to whatever HIS subjects do with HIS PRE-PLANNED response. HE KNOWS PRECISELY how HE will respond to our actions…. or our inactions! This is coming from someone who USED TO THINK that this humble servant could be used to make changes FOR HIS GLORY??? HE exquisitely displayed to me that HE is capable of doing ANYTHING - without any assistance from HIS CREATION - simply because HE IS GOD!!!
The FACT that HE uses AN INSTRUMENT OF MINE (Exodus 7:3-4; Hebrews 11:29) doesn’t make us any more acceptable to HIM, but being “A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT OF MINE” (Acts 9:15) certainly does!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment