Psalm 135:5-6 (ESV)
“[5] For I know that the LORD is great,
and that our LORD is above all gods.
[6] WHATEVER THE LORD PLEASES, HE DOES,
in heaven and on earth,
in the seas and all deeps.”
Isaiah 60:22 (ESV)
“[22] The least one shall become a clan,
and the smallest one a mighty nation;
I AM THE LORD;
in its time I will hasten it.”
Psalms 135:5-6 . (HCSB)
“For I know that YAHWEH is great; our LORD is greater than all gods. YAHWEH does whatever HE pleases in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all the depths.”
From wwwdotbiblehubdotcom
“YAHWEH is the personal name of GOD as revealed in the Hebrew Scriptures, particularly in the Old Testament. It is the most sacred, distinctive, and incommunicable name of GOD, often rendered as "LORD" in English translations of the Bible. The name YAHWEH is derived from the Hebrew consonants YHWH, known as the Tetragrammaton. This name is CENTRAL to the identity of GOD as the “COVENANT-KEEPING DEITY” of Israel.”
This “COVENANT-KEEPING DEITY” is UNIQUE to WHO GOD IS and the best way, that is the closest way, that mankind can describe HIM. Because of THE FALL of mankind, humanity is inherently UNCLEAN, filled with unholiness. We mortals are incapable of living a life of HOLINESS because of our sinful nature, and HIS PLAN to redeem us! The sacrificial LIFE lived by JESUS is THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY we can enjoy HIS GIFT for ALL ETERNITY!!!
Understanding precisely what GOD’s PLAN was trying to accomplish is far too deep and involved for this humble servant to understand! BUT HIS “COVENANT-KEEPING DEITY” traits is part of WHO HE IS that I humbly acknowledge and respect for ALL ETERNITY!!! HIS PLAN is far more POWERFUL and COMPLEX on HIS END, but very simple to accept on our behalf!!! HE is the “COVENANT-KEEPING DEITY”!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment