Psalms 27:14 (KJV)
“”WAIT ON THE LORD”: be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen thine heart: WAIT, I SAY, ON THE LORD.”
The speed that “this world” operates seems to move faster and faster every minute of every day! I just saw an old newspaper article from 1963 after the President was assassinated. I was three years old at the time, so it didn’t make much of an impact in my life. My grandfather was 53 years old, but the assassination probably didn’t impact him as much as things weren’t moving as quickly as they currently move!
HOW LONG , then, should we “WAIT ON THE LORD”? An abrupt answer to this question SHOULD be “as long as it takes”! Regardless of how we perceive ourselves, we are NOT strong enough, nor smart enough, to move ANYWHERE without the GOD OF CREATION leading us!
This devotional will be brief this morning!! We MUST “WAIT ON THE LORD” because moving without HIS LEADERSHIP is not only sinful, but it really is SCARY! When we “WAIT ON THE LORD”, we have PEACE!! When we attempt to “do it on our own”, turmoil and strife usually isn’t far behind!!
“WAIT, I SAY, ON THE LORD”!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment