John 15:11 (ESV)
“These things I have spoken to you, that “MY JOY MAY BE IN YOU”, and that your joy may be full.”
Depression is a VERY REAL thing with survivors of a Brain Hemorrhage. When I was dismissed from the Rehabilitation Hospital, I was placed on prescription antidepressants. I thought that “didn’t need” that, so I quit taking them. About six weeks later a dear friend was killed and I telephoned my doctor begging for a new prescription!! I quickly found a natural solution and was able to cease the new prescription, but the lesson learned was VERY VALUABLE!!!
Since that VERY DARK time in my life, my mental health is extremely important to me. I don’t have to take daily mood medications. I usually can RECOGNIZE when I “might be in need” of assistance!!
Understanding that “MY JOY MAY BE IN YOU” is kind of uplifting when you absorb what is TRULY being said! The JOY that THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES possesses abides within me, regardless of what trial I may experience. “MY JOY MAY BE IN YOU” is saying that whether I realize it or not, JESUS walks with me down the PATH HE has PLANNED for my life!!!
Don’t permit “the enemy” to rob you of THE JOY that JESUS LIVED AND DIED to give you!!! HE explicitly says in the verse above “MY JOY MAY BE IN YOU”, not “could be” in you!!! Focusing on your problems instead of “MY JOY MAY BE IN YOU” is precisely what the enemy wants happening in our lives!!! DON’T ALLOW the interference from “the enemy” to rob you of your JOY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment