Sunday, March 11, 2012

GOD'S GLORY!!!


This morning, I was sitting here trying to get in the correct mindset to WORSHIP. Without explanation, I picked up my computer and one of the windows I had open was the ESV bible and it was on Exodus 14. I had recently shared the 13th and 14th verses where GOD was telling the Children of Israel to “BE SILENT” and let HIM work! Don't get involved in MY GLORY was the message being sent!!!

Today it was as if GOD was telling me “I can cause, and do, ALL to do accomplish MY WILL”. Although we “idolize” Moses for the miracles that GOD performed using him, GOD is the one who caused the RED SEA to open up and allowed the nation of Israel to “go through the sea on dry ground.” The didn't have to fight the mud because GOD made dry ground for them to walk on! Then, God hardened the hearts of the Egyptians so that they would go into the sea chasing the Israelites and covered them with that water!!
Exodus 14:15-18 ESV “The LORD said to Moses, “Why do you cry to me? Tell the people of Israel to go forward. Lift up your staff, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it, that the people of Israel may go through the sea on dry ground. And I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they shall go in after them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, his chariots, and his horsemen. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten glory over Pharaoh, his chariots, and his horsemen.”

And GOD got GLORY over Pharaoh and all of his host! All Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD!! GOD IS TO BE GLORIFED!! HE does not have to do anything more to prove it......TO ME!! I glorify GOD, not only out of fear, but mainly because HE LOVED ME! 1 John 4:19 ESV says “We love HIM, because HE first loved us”. The Creator of the UNIVERSE loved me (and you) that HE provided for our salvation through JESUS CHRIST! Now THAT is the correct mindset to WORSHIP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment