Wednesday, May 30, 2012

AND SEEK MY FACE

IF MY PEOPLE, WHICH ARE CALLED BY MY NAME, SHALL HUMBLE THEMSELVES , AND PRAY, AND SEEK MY FACE, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. -2 Chronicles 7:14 "AND SEEK MY FACE" Seek- means "to go in search  or quest of" according to dictionary.com.  Jeremiah 29:13 says it best....  "And ye shall SEEK me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."  MY FACE-  When you are intimate with someone you cannot get enough of just looking at that person.  I have a picture of my wife, made before we were married, that she gave to me that I absolutely "CHERISH".  I carried it with me wherever I went for the longest.  The replacement cost of that picture TO ME can not be figured in dollars.  She cares for me like no one else.  I love my wife dearly.    We are "CHERISHED" by GOD and HE desires for us to CHERISH HIM!  When HE commands us to "Seek My Face" , GOD is saying that HE desires for us to be dependent on HIM and TRUST (Faith) HIM with everything!   Our very next breath comes from HIM and we should acknowledge HIM for it!   Whenever we get to the point that we trust in our own abilities and actions rather than relying on HIM, we have returned to IDOLTARY!   I CHOOSE TO TRUST HIM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment