Friday, May 25, 2012

"IF"

This morning, while having my quiet time, I was praying for our nation.  I was doing the typical "GOD, grant us" prayer when my thoughts and prayers came to an abrupt halt!  It was as if GOD was telling me the SAME thing HE had to tell author (Ezra?) of 2 Chronicles in his day.  "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV) So, I decided to SLOW things down and see what I heard.  The first word in the verse is "IF"!   I believe in GOD's sovereignty and that HIS creation is under HIS authority.  Man can believe he is making choices when GOD is directing man's heart.  Exodus 7:2 says "And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and will multiply MY signs and MY wonders in the land of Egypt.  But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my and upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgements."  Pharaoh was not a GODLY man, yet GOD hardened his heart to bring GOD glory.  Couldn't Pharaoh have just let the Israelites go free?  Why do we try to live GODLY lives when GOD can "harden" or "soften" our hearts at HIS discretion?   I believe our purpose is to bring GOD glory.   It is not to have the largest house, biggest bank account, or live "The American Dream"!  I believe our purpose is to bring honor and glory to the Creator in everything we do.  So, I begin my exposition declaring that I am chosen by HIM to bring GLORY to HIM!  I am not worthy, but blessed beyond measure.   At this pace I should be all the way through this verse in a couple of months!  

No comments:

Post a Comment