Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WHY?

So many times I am left wondering WHY GOD allows the things HE does?  Why did HE let a friend of mine die in an auto accident and yet ME survive a near fatal brain hemorrhage?  Why did my younger sister die of stomach cancer at the age of 34 years and 3 days old?  Why would HE choose to allow brutal, senseless attacks on children in this world and let evil people seemingly flourish?  WHY?

There seems to be no good answer. But, it IS possible, that we do not know all there is to know?  GOD says in Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.".

As smart as WE THINK we are, we do not know all the answers to all of life.  Problems, questions, and difficulties appear and we have NO ANSWERS!!!  GOD is the only answer!  Later in Isaiah 55 GOD says "So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth, it shall NOT return to me empty, but it SHALL accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it".

This is not some High School philosopher or prognosticator guessing!  This is the CREATOR of ALL telling me that HE is going to accomplish HIS purpose for HIS GLORY!  When we start to live like this is not all about us and it us all about HIM it will start to fall into place!

No comments:

Post a Comment