Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I NEED A NEW _______ ??????

Where did the idea come from that someone would provide ANY of our needs?  Why do we think that we should get unemployment check when we don't work?  Why do we think that when our family is "POOR" or destitute that we should get help from anyone?  We have WIC, Food Stamps, Welfare, Rent Subsidies, Insurance assistance, and on and on!  When we accept help from the Government, we are in essence taking help from our neighbors! 

Psalms 121:2 (ESV) says "My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."  The Creator of the Universe is the ONE who sees to making sure our needs are met.  "OUR NEEDS" sometimes has a different meaning when THE CREATOR is the one deciding!

A few years ago I was unable to work and was relegated to accepting an UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK from the US Government.  At that time, I felt I had no other alternative.  I had suffered a brain hemorrhage and could not find ANYONE who would hire me!  GOD was there for me. But I was not looking for HIM!  I was looking for a check!  Sometimes, we get so caught up in finding OUR SOLUTION to a problem when GOD is wanting to provide HIS SOLUTION!

LORD, help me to realize that YOU are my sustenance for my daily life!  Father in HEAVEN, help me to depend ONLY on YOU and to be thankful for all of the blessings YOU provide! 

No comments:

Post a Comment