Sunday, April 21, 2013

Amazing everyday GRACE!




“Salvation makes a way for us to enter God's presence, while regular confession and repentance keep the pathway well maintained and free of obstruction (1 John 1:9). The so-called "sinner's prayer" need be said only once, but a saint will tap into God's forgiveness every day of his or her life.”

Yesterday’s devotional by Dr. Charles Stanley was still on my computer screen this morning.  I was reading it again before I moved on when I was, once again, moved by what I was hearing.

One of my “dream” jobs would be mowing the right-of-ways on interstate!  I know, the pay would not be enough to sustain the life I desire, but being able to see the work you have done each day and realizing progress has its rewards.  Being able to “weed eat” around sign posts and guard rails without worrying about cutting into my wife’s Crape Myrtles would be refreshing!

One drawback would be keeping up with the rate of grass growth in June/July time frame.  It seems that our climate just demands that grass be trimmed almost weekly.  If not, things begin looking “unkept” and almost “trashy”!

Our lives remarkably resemble this!  If sin is not “confessed” and “repented” of daily, the “unkept” and “trashy” appearance will begin to creep into our lives.  We may not notice it at first, but when we start cleaning up the task will be much more demanding.  

LORD help me to fall down before your throne of grace AT LEAST daily to beg for your forgiveness!  My desire is to keep my life a beautiful display of YOU in everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment