Tuesday, April 2, 2013

LISTEN!!!

Proverbs 12:15  (KJV)
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."

Proverbs 12:15  (ESV)
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."

Proverbs 12:15  (NASB)
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a wise man is he who listens to counsel."

There was an interview of two differing opinions posted recently of television host that is conservative.  I started to listen to the interview, but then thought better of it.  Why should I subject my mind to untruths and distortions when I can go to The Holy Bible and subject myself to a life changing message?!?

I have posted three differing interpretations of Proverbs 12:15 above.  In each translation the first portion is exact, "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes".  A fool does not seem to be bothered by facts.  Their main concern is trying to prove their point of view.  

The remaining portion of the verse is different for each translation.  Basically, what scripture is saying,  if a person will SLOW DOWN and LISTEN they might learn something.  It is difficult to listen when you are consumed with showing your knowledge!  

Psalms 81:10-13 (KJV)
"10 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
11 But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.
12 So I gave them up unto their own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counsels.
13 Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!"

No comments:

Post a Comment