Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"A need to EVALUATE!"

Proverbs 4:24-27                 (ESV)
"24 Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.
25 LET YOUR EYES LOOK DIRECTLY FORWARD, AND YOUR GAZE BE STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU.
26 Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure.
27 Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil."



For as long as I can remember it has been my "nature" (not my Spirit person) to be critical (I prefer the term Evaluate) of others.  The terminology can be changed to make the process seem less offensive, but the fact remains that most of us have a tendency to compare imperfect people against what we believe perfection to be.  Very seldom do you see or hear an evaluation of one's self compared to Holiness?  It is a lot less intrusive to find others faults than our own!

King Solomon was reportedly the wisest man to ever live (1 Kings 4:29-34).  He is credited with writing the Proverbs.  Yet King Solomon had his faults as he was human.  Solomon was not the person to "EVALUATE" ourselves against.  He did, however, write down things GOD inspired him to write, and GOD used (and still uses) Solomon's writings for HIS glory.

Our MOUTH can be a very beneficial tool, yet it can also be a VERY destructive tool!  Luke 6:45 tells us our mouth speaks from an abundance of our heart.  Therefore, if I am being critical of others, it is probably a reflection of my critical spirit.

Matthew 6:22 says ""The EYE is the lamp of the body. So, if your EYE is healthy, your whole body will be full of light".  We generally look where we are going.   If our EYES are looking at sin, death, and destruction, where then are we headed?   Conversely, if our EYES are looking at the things of the Spirit, we are bound for a victorious life!  Sure, we may have trials and tribulations,  but we can be assured of Victory as Christ gives that assurance to HIS followers (John 17:20-26).

Finally, we are to study, or "EVALUATE", where our FEET are heading.  For too many years I have walked a path of uncertainty, willing to back myself up and take another path if necessary.  As I have gotten older with less time for roadmap corrections, I have learned that HIS way is the only way!  Once you resolve to walking with CHRIST you don't have to backtrack or apologize.  Where I mess up in life is when I fail to "EVALUATE" my roadmap compared to HIS instruction manual!!

No comments:

Post a Comment