Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"SET YOUR MINDS!"

Colossians 3:1-4                (ESV)
"1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 "SET YOUR MINDS" on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."



Every morning when I awake I try to focus my mind on things eternal.  The enemy convolutes and manipulates my thinking with matters he uses to keep us from our thoughts being on GOD!  To make a concerted effort to "SET YOUR MINDS" on things above, we must recognize that the evil one is attempting to have our minds busy with ANYTHING else!

Colossians 3:3 says we "have died, and your life is hidden with CHRIST" in GOD!   It is difficult for me to fully grasp, but if I have spiritually died then my desires should no longer matter to me, only what HE wants to accomplish with my being.  The Apostle Paul stated in his letter to the church at Philippi that he knew had not achieved his desire yet, but he was "pressing on" toward his goal of a life in CHRIST JESUS!

When we make efforts to fix our hearts and minds on things eternal, it sends shock waves through the spirit world.   Resistance is sure to follow as the evil one cannot stand to be defeated.  Recognizing the traits and actions as impediments from satan for what they are is a step in the right direction toward spiritual maturity.  When you "SET YOUR MIND" on things that are from above you are letting satan know the battle is on!

There was a saying that I once saw that said something like "I want to be the kind of Christian that when I wake up the devil says "Oh crap, he's up again"!  We can be that type of nuisance to the devil if we "SET OUR MINDS" on things that are above, not on things that are on the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment