Friday, September 19, 2014

"NOW WE SEE!"

1 Corinthians 13:11-13                 (NASB)
"11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For "NOW WE SEE" in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."



Preparing my own breakfast is something I have done for the last couple of years.  Some mornings I like my eggs cooked a little longer than others and sometimes a little less!  This morning I thought I dropped part of the egg shell into the egg as it cooked.  My eyesight has matured to the point that I had to get my glasses (readers) to see well enough to get the small piece of egg shell out of my egg.

Hopefully our SPIRITUAL eyesight improves as we get older.  The world may continue to become more and more sinful, but I need to be able to "SEE" things differently.  When I married at age 23, I thought I was invincible.  However at age 54, "NOW WE SEE" the world through a different viewpoint.  Although the world continues to evolve (or devolve), the way we (I) perceive things should change as well.

The Apostle Paul made it clear when he became a man, he did away with childish things.  His perspective changed as he matured.  My perspective changes as I mature.   Right and wrong doesn't change, but as I grow spiritually I realize that I have enough faults of my own that all of my efforts should be on cleaning my life, not cleaning others lives.  Many times I have heard it preached "The closer you get to the LIGHT, more and more dirt will be exposed!"  There is a lot of dirt in my life that needs to be cleaned out before I work on others lives.

Just as I have to get my "readers" (glasses) to see things in the physical realm more clearly, I need to adjust my spiritual eyesight with "reading" the WORD!   Even though my physical eyesight is not what it used to be, I pray my spiritual eyesight will continue to improve.  Realizing, like the Apostle Paul did, "NOW WE SEE" in a mirror dimly, soon I will be face to face with my REDEEMER and I will be able to understand things as HE!

No comments:

Post a Comment