Sunday, September 21, 2014

"I AM THE LORD!"

Isaiah 45:5-7                         (ESV)
"5 I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no GOD; I equip you, though you do not know ME,
6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.
7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things."



Do you ever have one of those days that you wonder if you should have just stayed in bed?  Do you go back through your deeds trying to find out what you have done wrong?  Have you ever seen others living in known sin, yet they SEEM not to have any worries?  Why do we think that all BAD TIMES are from the enemy?  Where does all of the evil in this world come from?

GOD is not surprised by the actions on men.  HE does not wake up and read the newspaper everyday to find out what evil leaders have done overnight.  THE ALMIGHTY does not get surprises sprung on HIM while HIS back is turned.  If HE is living in me (John 17:23) why should I act surprised when evil is attacking me when I am doing HIS will?  The enemy is still unwilling to admit defeat.  The enemy wants to remove any LIGHT from this world and leave only darkness.  

It has often been said that the absence of darkness is when their is light!  Whenever their is the slightest bit of light, then darkness MUST yield to that LIGHT!  Humans are not all-powerful enough to determine when and where darkness and light will appear.  "I AM the LORD, WHO does all these things" decides when HIS light will appear turning the darkness away.

The enemy is darkness, but as was stated previously the presence OF ANY LIGHT means that darkness is defeated.  "I AM THE LORD" WHO created darkness.  I AM created well-being also.  "I AM THE LORD" made good and evil and HE informs us in the end of HIS BOOK that well-being will win over darkness and calamity.  When will that time come?   Only when "I AM THE LORD" declares if to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment