Thursday, December 10, 2015

"THIS IS MY NAME FOREVER!"

Exodus 3:15                               (ESV)
"GOD also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'The LORD, the GOD of your fathers, the GOD of Abraham, the GOD of Isaac, and the GOD of Jacob, has sent me to you.' "THIS IS MY NAME FOREVER" name forever, and thus "I AM" to be remembered throughout all generations."



There are many different "religions" in this world that have come and gone over the ages.  A "religion" is "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe" according to one definition.  Many names, or labels, have been used to describe these sets of beliefs over the years.  Most recently, Buddha, Confucius, Hare Krishna, Mohammed, Scientology, Unitarian and a host of others have been used by "the enemy" to masquerade as "I AM"!

In Exodus 34:14 GOD states "for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous GOD".  Joshua 24:15 states "And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, CHOOSE this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD." There are, and have been, many different gods to CHOOSE from over the years, but there is only one "I AM"!

But aren't there other gods worthy our praise, honor, and respect?  Isaiah 45:5, among numerous other verses in scripture, says "I AM the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God"!   In 1 John 4:2-3 scripture records "By this you know the Spirit of GOD: every spirit that confesses that JESUS CHRIST has come in the flesh is from GOD, and every spirit that does not confess JESUS is not from GOD. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already".

"I AM" will NOT share HIS glory with anyone or anything!  In Isaiah 42:8 it is stated "I AM the LORD; that is MY name; MY glory I give to no other, nor MY praise to carved idols"!  There are many who will CHOOSE to follow a cunningly disguised counterfeit that the enemy veils himself in.  My prayer is that their eyes will be opened (Acts 26:18) and they will see the TRUTH!  "I AM" has not changed HIS identity, and "THIS IS HIS NAME FOREVER"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment