Wednesday, June 15, 2016

"GIVING HIM THANKS!"

Luke 17:11-19      
"11 On the way to Jerusalem HE was passing along between Samaria and Galilee.
12 And as HE entered a village, HE was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance
13 and lifted up their voices, saying, "JESUS, MASTER, have mercy on us."
14 When HE saw them HE said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." And as they went they were cleansed.
15 Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising GOD WITH A LOUD VOICE;
16 and he fell on his face at JESUS' feet, "GIVING HIM THANKS". Now he was a Samaritan.
17 Then JESUS answered, "Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine?
18 Was no one found to return and GIVE PRAISE to GOD except this foreigner?"
19 And HE said to him, "Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well."



Yesterday evening I had just came in from a 2.4 mile walk in 36 minutes.  I was sitting in my recliner trying to get my heart rate to get below 100bpm.  During this time I notice where a friend is requesting prayer for a lady who has been admitted to a hospital and is in ICU in a drug induced coma.  Of course, that brought back vivid memories!

Earlier yesterday I had visited the hospital where I was in a drug induced coma for 17 days almost 9 years ago.  I met a RN who cared for me while I was in the coma.  Her mom was in a congregation Sunday evening when I gave my testimony.  She said her daughter worked at the same hospital in ICU and "probably" took care of me.  Sure enough, today I went by and met this lady, and indeed she took care of me during my hospital stay.  She said "you were a VERY sick young man" nine years ago!  Somehow, I am rather humbled to hear just how poor my prognosis was in July/August 2007.  Of course, I bear little resemblance to the man who was bed fast for over a month and had to go through extensive (yet brief) Rehab just to be able to walk away from my wheelchair on August 29, 2007 with the help of a walker!

The ability to recover physically is only secondary to my Spiritual recovery since JESUS came into my life in 1978.  No, I have not lived for HIM like I should all those years, and YES, I have made my share (and probably more) of mistakes since!  But GOD's forgiveness is always there for me when I stop long enough to realize how sinful I am, and how much I need HIM to guide me!

The physical recovery I manifest according to my medical records of September 25, 2007 is "a miracle from GOD"!  The lady I met today who assisted me in my "darkest hours" can verify the seriousness of my condition.  The Samaritan leper was the only leper healed that day who took time to acknowledge WHO had healed him.  His future must have been as seemingly dark as mine, for I am told my prognosis was pretty bleak!  But everyone that has been SAVED by the blood of JESUS CHRIST has had just as tremendous event in their lives.  For those, such as my caregivers, who know where I have come from, it is a joyous story.  For those who have to take my word, they will continue to hear me "GIVING HIM THANKS", for I will NEVER forget where I came from and where I could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment