Wednesday, June 1, 2016

WHO GOD IS???"

Exodus 34:5-10                              (ESV)
"5 The LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
6 The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a GOD MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS, SLOW TO ANGER, and ABOUNDING in STEADFAST LOVE and FAITHFULNESS,
7 keeping STEADFAST LOVE for THOUSANDS, FORGIVING INIQUITY and TRANSGRESSION and SIN, BUT WHO WILL BY NO MEANS CLEAR THE GUILTY, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation."
8 And Moses quickly bowed his head toward the earth and worshiped.
9 And he said, "If now I have found favor in your sight, O Lord, please let the LORD go in the midst of us, for it is a stiff-necked people, and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for YOUR  inheritance."
10 And HE said, "Behold, I am making a covenant. Before all your people I will do marvels, such as have not been created in all the earth or in any nation. And all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the LORD, for it is "AN AWESOME THING" that I will do with you."




In my thoughts and deliberations of scripture recently, I perceive that "the church", along with "this world", has either lost sight, or has never gotten a TRUE DEPICTION, of just "WHO GOD IS"!  Even modern day "Believers" don't fully grasp that GOD IS IN CONTROL and HIS PLAN WILL BE COMPLETED!  Pharaoh and his hosts were vessels used to bring glory to GOD, and HE hasn't lost any power or might since!  We can either be used to bring HIM glory by our obedience, or we will be used to bring HIM glory when HE judges our apathy and disobedience!

The Nation of Israel was chosen by GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF to demonstrate HIS MERCY, GRACE, and STEADFAST LOVE while HE FORGAVE their TRANSGRESSION and SIN enabling the HOLY RELATIONSHIP with HIM to be restored to those who seek redemption.  But to those who DO NOT SEEK REDEMPTION GOD says HE will be NO MEANS CLEAR THE GUILTY!  Jeremiah 30:11 says "For I am with you to save you, declares the LORD; I will make a full end of all the nations among whom I scattered you, but of you I will not make a full end. I will discipline you in just measure, and I will by no means leave you unpunished."  Might the meaning of this be that GOD will JUDGE SIN, but HE will be merciful to those HE chooses to be merciful to (Exodus 33:19; Romans 9:15)?

Realizing that I have a lot to learn about the things of GOD, I am hesitant to write or say anything that Scripture doesn't specifically delineate.  What I do KNOW is "The LORD, the LORD, a GOD MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS, SLOW TO ANGER, and ABOUNDING in STEADFAST LOVE and FAITHFULNESS, keeping STEADFAST LOVE for THOUSANDS, FORGIVING INIQUITY and TRANSGRESSION and SIN, BUT WHO WILL BY NO MEANS CLEAR THE GUILTY"!  These words were spoken by GOD ALMIGHTY regarding HIMSELF!  WHO better to describe the character of GOD than HIMSELF?

The same GOD WHO is SELF-described as "The LORD, the LORD, a GOD MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS, SLOW TO ANGER, and ABOUNDING in STEADFAST LOVE and FAITHFULNESS, keeping STEADFAST LOVE for THOUSANDS, FORGIVING INIQUITY and TRANSGRESSION and SIN" is also SELF-described as "WHO WILL BY NO MEANS CLEAR THE GUILTY"!!!  GOD ALMIGHTY desires to loves us, but HE is also a just GOD WHO will judge sin!  I am so blessed that when HE sees me, HE can only see the Blood of JESUS CHRIST that was shed on Calvary (2 Corinthians 5:21)!!!  Now, if I could truly see HIM for WHO HE is instead of what I perceived HIM to be???  That is just "WHO GOD IS"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment