Thursday, April 27, 2017

"A MIRROR!"

2 Corinthians 3:12-18                       (NASB)
"“Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. But THEIR MINDS WERE HARDENED; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the SAME VEIL REMAINS UNLIFTED, because it is removed in CHRIST. But to this day whenever Moses is read, A VEIL LIES OVER THEIR HEART; but whenever a person TURNS TO THE LORD, the VEIL is TAKEN AWAY. Now the LORD is the SPIRIT, and where the SPIRIT of the LORD is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in "A MIRROR" the Glory of the LORD, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the LORD, the SPIRIT.”



Have you ever considered that your life, the example you are living and leaving, is in reality a reflection of the subject we have on the throne of our lives at any given time?  Of course, my life has been surrendered to JESUS CHRIST and I "should" always reflect HIS character in all I do!  But NEWSFLASH, I am far from perfect!  As a matter of fact, the Apostle Paul writes in 1 Timothy 1:15 "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that CHRIST JESUS came into the world to save sinners, of whom I AM THE FOREMOST"!!

The same Apostle Paul writes in the scripture above that "we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in "A MIRROR" the Glory of the LORD, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the LORD, the SPIRIT.”  We have been blessed with the opportunity to display in "A MIRROR" for ALL to see the LOVE of CHRIST.  What an honor and privilege to be able to display the LOVE of the CREATOR through our lives, but do we take advantage of that privilege?

In 2 Corinthians 3:15 scripture says "whenever Moses is read, A VEIL LIES OVER THEIR HEART"!  Evidently, some actually CHOSE to have their hearts and minds blinded to the TRUTH that was right before them?  Later on in verse 16 it says "but whenever a person TURNS TO THE LORD, the VEIL is TAKEN AWAY." 


Do I CHOOSE to SEE things the way I want to see them?  Shouldn't my desire be to SEE the TRUTH that GOD has to reveal to me and not what my selfish desires would have me observe?  Don't let "the enemy" blind you to settle for what he would have is see.  HEAVENLY FATHER, cause me to SEE what YOU would have me SEE looking into "A MIRROR" adorned by YOUR will and purpose for my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment