Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"HE HAD SPENT EVERYTHING!"

Luke 15:11-24                      (ESV)
"11 And he said, "There was a man who had two sons.
12 And the younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.' And he divided his property between them.
13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living.
14 And when "HE HAD SPENT EVERYTHING", a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need.
15 So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs.
16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.
17 "But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.
19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants."'
20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
21 And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'
22 But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.
23 And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate.
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' And they began to celebrate."


Some people are supporting the young lady competing for a singing competition from a local city regardless of the choices she has made in life to live contrary to The WORD of GOD.  While I do not keep up with the worldly rewards, such as singing competitions, I certainly don't wish her badly because of her lifestyle.   GOD has HIS way of working ALL of these things for HIS Glory and I am not wise enough to say what HE can/can't use for HIS Glory!  

One of the most difficult things I ever had to accept in my life was turning my children over to The LORD meant allowing them to make decisions that I felt was contrary to HIS Word, yet supporting and loving them anyway!  Do you think that in the parable of the Prodigal Son the Father wanted to see his child squandering his inheritance living outside of GOD's Plan for his life?  Have I always followed GOD's Plan for my life?  How often have I chosen a path that was in direct opposition to GOD's Plan for my life, and yet HE has been there waiting for me to recognize and admit that I made a mistake?  

Did the Father continue supporting the Prodigal Son while he was living a sinful lifestyle?  Did he continually send him more money when his funds were depleted?  No, the Prodigal Son had to have his eyes opened that his choices were flawed and he came HOME to admit his errors.  How many times have I had to come to JESUS admitting the error of my ways and beg for restoration?


To be in a position of knowing "HE HAD SPENT EVERYTHING", how worthless you really are, and how GREAT GOD really is, has to be one of the most humbling experiences?  Sure, you can be educated by worldly standards, but until GOD reveals HIS WISDOM to you and directs your paths you will continue down a path where you make a fool of yourself.  Ask the Prodigal Son?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment