Wednesday, January 3, 2018

“GOOD TREASURE!”

Luke 6:43-45                                              (ESV)
“43 "For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit,
44 for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush.
45 The good person out of the “GOOD TREASURE” of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”



Formerly my speech was very harsh at times, maybe even considered mean spirited.  In my younger years, my main goal was to get a laugh out of people, and it didn’t matter who I had to offend.  It became more important to be “the star of the show” than to BE KIND to others around me.  Thankfully, ALMIGHTY GOD wasn’t finished with me, and HE continues to refine me to become more like HIM.

Insecurity and low self confidence were the largest tools used by the enemy to cause me to act as I did.  As I matured and allowed GOD to change my actions, HE has made me to realize that I am not meant to be funny all of the time.  When HE digs down deep inside me, I pray HE finds “GOOD TREASURE” that brings glory and honor to HIS Name!  


While it’s true that HE has A LOT of work remaining to shape me into a vessel HE can be Glorified in, HE hasn’t given up on me and continues refining me.  HE has a lot of weeds to pull from my garden, but I pray HE will find “GOOD TREASURE” every now and then that HE will be Glorified in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment